Thread poster: AZTranslations

AZTranslations  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:50
German to English
+ ...
Oct 5

Hi all
I have checked the provided auto translation rule in memoQ 8.2 for German numbers, but it apparently doesn't catch dates.
I have tried to create a new rule that converts the American date (month day, year) into German dates (day. month year), but have failed, most likely because my knowledge of regex is very rudimentary.
Can someone help me please? Or point me to where I can find such a rule?
Thank you!!!
Kind regards
Anke

Direct link Reply with quote

AZTranslations  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:50
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Figured it out! Oct 5

Ok, I figured it out!
Here's the solution for converting US dates (month day, year) into German dates (day. month year):

(#Monat#)\s+(\d{1,2}),\s+(\d{4})

$2. $1 $3

#Monat# is a list of the months written in full from English into German.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Auto translation rule for dates EN-DE

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search