Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 09:50
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
Oct 7

Hello,

Is there a way to make memoq look decent on a small screen laptop ?

Thanks.

Mohamed

Direct link Reply with quote

Mirja Maletzki  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:50
Korean to German
+ ...
No issues with a small screen Oct 7

Hi Mohamed,

I've been using MemoQ 2015 and 8 on a 11 inch laptop screen for the last 1,5 years or so and didn't have any issues, it's all looking good to me.

One thing that I avoid, though, is using the preview feature. I just have the translation screen in the left 2/3 of the screen and then the TM on the right. Works alright for me.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:50
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Adjust your screen's resolution Oct 8

Since there is a size below which I think you would have trouble on a small screen (after all, the UI's clickable elements need a minimum space, as do dialogue boxes), you can try increasing the resolution of your screen. This will make the main UI items (menus, icons in the ribbon, etc.) smaller, but you can increase the size and font of the translation grid in order to work more comfortably.

You can increase the font size by choosing "Customize appearance" both in the translation grid and in the Translation results pane, and try different fonts and see which one works better for you.

I hope this helps a bit!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to customize MemoQ with a small screen computer

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search