MemoQ server conect. error: "Login to server xx failed (...) Please check your network connection"
Thread poster: adrianrff

adrianrff
Venezuela
English to Spanish
Nov 5, 2017

Hi, folks.

I'm having trouble accessing client's and company's servers in MemoQ (2015, the company I work for (as freelance) insists that I only use this version) from my PC at my (regular) work. When I enter the URL I get the message: "Login to server xxxx failed. Failed to communicate with the remote server. Please check your network connection". If I try to connect to any server from my home PC everything works fine.

Of course the first thing I did was to make sure that my internet connection works, and it does. I also tried disabling Windows Firewall and antivirus in case the IT department had made some local configuration to block outgoing connections, but this didn't work.

The only thing I can think of is that the IT department is blocking outgoing connection centrally (if that makes any sense), but I'd like to know is there's a way to make sure that this is the case, or, ideally, workaround it so I can do some translation work in my spare time at my regular work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

[Edited at 2017-11-05 14:38 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ server conect. error: "Login to server xx failed (...) Please check your network connection"

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search