MemoQ server conect. error: "Login to server xx failed (...) Please check your network connection"
Thread poster: adrianrff

adrianrff
Venezuela
English to Spanish
Nov 5, 2017

Hi, folks.

I'm having trouble accessing client's and company's servers in MemoQ (2015, the company I work for (as freelance) insists that I only use this version) from my PC at my (regular) work. When I enter the URL I get the message: "Login to server xxxx failed. Failed to communicate with the remote server. Please check your network connection". If I try to connect to any server from my home PC everything works fine.

Of course the first thing I did was to make sure that my internet connection works, and it does. I also tried disabling Windows Firewall and antivirus in case the IT department had made some local configuration to block outgoing connections, but this didn't work.

The only thing I can think of is that the IT department is blocking outgoing connection centrally (if that makes any sense), but I'd like to know is there's a way to make sure that this is the case, or, ideally, workaround it so I can do some translation work in my spare time at my regular work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

[Edited at 2017-11-05 14:38 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ server conect. error: "Login to server xx failed (...) Please check your network connection"

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search