Is it possible on MemoQ 2015 to automatically insert and confirm propagated segments?
Thread poster: Daniel Martin

Daniel Martin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:01
English to Spanish
Nov 28, 2017

Hi,

I am currently working on a project that has an awful lot of 100-101% repetitions. They are all long sentences that most likely will not need any modification (although, of course, I will review the whole document after I finish the translation). So far in MemoQ 2015 I have only found the way to get the propagated segments inserted, but not confirmed, so I have to confirm 1 by 1 a LOT of segments and it is being a drag.

So my question is: is there an option in the Autopropagate options (screenshot --> https://i.gyazo.com/5a29056689d9ffa1e0ecb618b13df41b.png) so I can have these segments inserted AND confirmed so I jump over them without having to check them during the translation stage?

Thanks in advanceicon_wink.gif

Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Member (2014)
Danish to English
+ ...
Easy Nov 28, 2017

Use the Pre-Translate function in the Preparation tab. You can define which segments to pre-translate, and which to confirm.

Auto-propagate is managed in the Translation tab – Translation Settings – Auto-Propagation, where you can define whether or not to confirm auto-propagated segments. Note that auto-propagation only works across files if you work in a view that includes the relevant files.

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I just found the answer Nov 28, 2017

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Use the Pre-Translate function in the Preparation tab. You can define which segments to pre-translate, and which to confirm.

Auto-propagate is managed in the Translation tab – Translation Settings – Auto-Propagation, where you can define whether or not to confirm auto-propagated segments. Note that auto-propagation only works across files if you work in a view that includes the relevant files.

Thanks for your answer, but I found just now that it is easier. You do not need to use the Pre-translate function at all. You only need to change the Auto-propagate Behavior settings from "Edited" (default) to "Translator or either reviewer confirmed". You can go to these settings by accessing the Translation tab -> Translation settings (on the ribbon) -> Auto-Propagation. Screenshot --> https://i.gyazo.com/471a8dc2abb2937b1a12bd4b315b72f8.png

[Edited at 2017-11-28 12:59 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-11-28 13:00 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-11-28 13:02 GMT]

Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Member (2014)
Danish to English
+ ...
That was solution #2 Nov 28, 2017

I know. That was part of the second solution I mentioned, as I supposed you could figure out how to fill in these dialogues once you had found the settings.

Pre-translate does all the 100 % and 101 % segments in one go, though.

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 28, 2017

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

I know. That was part of the second solution I mentioned, as I supposed you could figure out how to fill in these dialogues once you had found the settings.

Pre-translate does all the 100 % and 101 % segments in one go, though.

OK, thanksicon_wink.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible on MemoQ 2015 to automatically insert and confirm propagated segments?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search