Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:54
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jan 26

Hello

I rarely use MemoQ but today I discovered that the shortcut Shift+Ctrl+Q causes MemoQ to run and open a TM search function. How can I disable this behaviour? How odd that a shortcut used in another program would open a function in MemoQ even if MemoQ isn't even running at the time.

Thanks
Samuel

Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:54
English to French
Odd indeed Jan 26

In MemoQ 2013, keyboard shortcuts are in Tools>Options>Keyboard shortcuts. Then create a custom "resource" (Default can't be changed), remove conflicting shortcuts and select that newly created resource.
Maybe that would work.

Good luck,
Philippe

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:55
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think I figured it out Jan 26

Samuel Murray wrote:
Today I discovered that the shortcut Shift+Ctrl+Q causes MemoQ to run and open a TM search function. How can I disable this behaviour?

Here's what I did, that seemed to work:

Find the shortcut to "memoQSearch.exe" on your computer (it may be called "memoQ 2015 TM Search.lnk", and it may be on your Start Menu), right-click it and select Properties, and then press the Backspace key in the "Shortcut" field, which will set it to "None".

Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Well done Jan 26

I checked with my suggestion above, and in fact there is no Ctrl+Shift+Q, so it wasn't helpful.
I don't use that shortcut whether in MemoQ or elsewhere, but I removed it following your steps, just in case.

Thanks for the tip.

Philippe

jansin
English to Czech
+ ...
Thank you Mar 22

Thank you for the tip,
I was searching everwhere in my computer, e.g. MemoQ shortcuts, MemoQ running in background, etc., and I couldn't find anything.
Then I found your advice, and it worked!
Maybe I should explore all the *.lnk shortcuts in my computer and check them for similar "hidden" actions icon_wink.gif
Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ hijacked Shift+Ctrl+Q

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search