Translated text in SVG files didn't appear
Thread poster: Khadis

Local time: 02:55
English to Indonesian
Feb 16


I am running memoQ 2014 R2, and used it to translate several SVG files. The files were originally an EPS file, and because I couldn't translate them directly, I decided to export the files to SVG.

I was able to import and translate the files. The problem is, when I opened the translated SVG files in Adobe Illustrator CS6 (to be exported back to EPS files), the translated texts didn't appear, but only the source text. So far, I can only open the translated text by creating new document and import the SVG files using File - Place menu, then export them back to EPS. But, this method is way too complex and time-consuming since I had to create new document (which have to be the same as the original document) and I couldn't place the image and the text in the exact place as the original document.

Is there any simpler action to fix this problem? I have tried to use Inkscape, but the text layout become mess.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated text in SVG files didn't appear

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search