Error message "There is no primary translation memory attached to the project" in MemoQ
Thread poster: Kjetil Holm
Kjetil Holm
Kjetil Holm  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 11:24
Member (2020)
German to Norwegian
+ ...
Dec 10, 2018

Hello,

I get an error message that there is no primary translation memory attached to a project I recently opened in MemoQ. The client says that there are no problems on their end and other translators also have no problems. I recently reinstalled the latest version of MemoQ. If there is no problem on the client´s end, what could be the case? I have experienced this two times now after the reinstall.

Kjetil

Maria Castellano

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Whose TM? Dec 10, 2018

Were you expecting to see a TM from the sender? Or your own TM that you already have on your computer?

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:24
Danish to English
+ ...
TM needed Dec 10, 2018

MemoQ requires that at least one TM is attached to a project so it can store the translations.

If the client hasn't provided one, you need to attach (and if necessary create) one yourself.

Kjetil Holm
Norway
Member (2020)
German to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Dec 10, 2018

The client used to send a separate TM for the jobs, but now the TM should be integrated in each job I receive. But since the client replies there are no problems on their end, I am at a loss. Before the reinstall, everything worked fine. I need to use the client´s TM every time.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Server or package? Dec 10, 2018

Is it a server project? An imported package? Something else? How are the files delivered?

Kjetil Holm
Norway
Member (2020)
German to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Dec 10, 2018

I receive one or more MemoQ XLZ files via email each time. For example, this time there is one .txt file, one .xliff file and one .xml file. Seems it is not server based, I do not have to log in to a server.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Worldserver Dec 11, 2018

XLZ files are Worldserver packages. Are you using the Import package function?

See more
XLZ files are Worldserver packages. Are you using the Import package function?

http://kilgray.com/memoq/2015-100/help-en/index.html?import_worldserver_packages.html

https://help.memoq.com/8-4/en/Places/worldserver-xlf_xlz-files.html
Collapse

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 18:24
Chinese to English
+ ...
Create your own Dec 11, 2018

There is nothing stopping you from creating your own TM.

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
English to Russian
+ ...
Create new TM Dec 12, 2018

When I import the packaged project (in 1 file) into memoQ, the default TM is in read-only mode and I'm getting memoQ error message. So I'm just creating my own TM and use my own TM as the primary and Client's TM just as a reference.

They will get the exported bilingual document anyway, they will be able to update their own TM very easy - CTRL+A, then CTRL+ENTER

Kjetil Holm
Norway
Member (2020)
German to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Dec 17, 2018

Thanks for the help, it seems my best bet is to use a TM I received earlier from the client. I can´t seem to be able to import the file as a Worldserver package.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message "There is no primary translation memory attached to the project" in MemoQ

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »