Thread poster: Marisa Gissi

Marisa Gissi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:49
Member (2006)
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
Feb 18

Hi there, anyone has experienced a sudden, extreme slowness of MemoQ in typing? Since New Year, Mr. MemoQ 8.3.8 is gone in slow-sloth mode and takes ages to visualise what I type. Needless to say, if I happen to have a large job I'm toasted. Luckly now I only have a 360-word one, so it cannot be slow because it's a huge file - no images, nothing strange. Just slow.
Any suggestion? thanks!
Marisa

Linh Nguyen

halit yilmaz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 20:49
Member (2014)
English to Turkish
+ ...
I have the exact same thing with my brand new Memoq 9 Jul 3

I really dont know what to do. I will write to memoq...

Italy
Member (2006)
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
at least I am not alone! Jul 3

I am sort of happy to know that someone else has my same problem! And I am really sorry that you have the same problem. Sometimes memoQ "unblocks" and it goes smooth and fast as it used to, then it slows down again. I thought it could be a problem linked to the spellcheck with Word so I deflagged that but no improvement. It could be an updating routine or something similar running in the background, a Windows update or similar, but who knows which component is slowing the whole memoQ down??!....... See more
I am sort of happy to know that someone else has my same problem! And I am really sorry that you have the same problem. Sometimes memoQ "unblocks" and it goes smooth and fast as it used to, then it slows down again. I thought it could be a problem linked to the spellcheck with Word so I deflagged that but no improvement. It could be an updating routine or something similar running in the background, a Windows update or similar, but who knows which component is slowing the whole memoQ down??!....

Try with the Support - I tried myself but got no useful answer. If you find out the solution, PLEASE tell me!! =)
thank you and good luck!

Marisa
Collapse

halit yilmaz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 20:49
Member (2014)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Help found! Jul 3

Please navigate to C:\programdata\memoQ\resources\ and remove localresourcepath.xml file, then navigate to C:\users\appdata\roaming\memoQ and remove docklayoutconfigs, preferences, preferences-layout, preferences-lookup files.

Be sure memoQ is closed when you remove the files.

Italy
Member (2006)
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
fantastic! Jul 3

thank you so much, I don't know how you did but you are just great!
thanks a million!

I can't believe it, I'm so happy =D

Marisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ extremely slow in typing

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search