Exporting xliff from memoq to client who uses Deja Vu
Thread poster: Mette Knutsen

Mette Knutsen
Spain
New user
Sep 17

Is it possible to export a file from memoq (8.4) to client that uses Déjà Vu? They have sent me the file in three formats, rtf, xlf and pptx.

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:22
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Ask for the mqxliff files Sep 17

... they can be imported into DV without any problems (and exported from / reimported back into memoQ without problems, too).

Mette Knutsen
Spain
New user
TOPIC STARTER
Comment Sep 17

I did export a bilingual (plain xliff for other tools), but they said it didn't work

Mette Knutsen
Spain
New user
TOPIC STARTER
Response from client Sep 17

The client says that the xliff file doesn't appear in her folder. That when she reimports in DV, only accepted files will be shown in the folder.

selma dogan  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:22
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Export (dialog) Sep 18

Dear Mette,

This issue was something I experienced too. (I asked it in the Turkish forum, https://www.proz.com/forum/turkish/324109-memoq_dejavu.html )

The answer was very simple.
Just use the xlf file and send them the translated file as an xlf file (not an xliff file) by selecting Export (Dialog).
I hope that would work for you too. <
... See more
Dear Mette,

This issue was something I experienced too. (I asked it in the Turkish forum, https://www.proz.com/forum/turkish/324109-memoq_dejavu.html )

The answer was very simple.
Just use the xlf file and send them the translated file as an xlf file (not an xliff file) by selecting Export (Dialog).
I hope that would work for you too.

[Değişiklik saati 2019-09-18 09:52 GMT]
Collapse

Mette Knutsen
Spain
New user
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 18

Thanks, Selma. Maybe we have different memoQ versions, because I have to choose export > Stored path. Then I get an xlf file that the client can use

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting xliff from memoq to client who uses Deja Vu

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search