Thread poster: Julie Pigeon

Julie Pigeon
Canada
Local time: 00:06
Member (2016)
English to French
Oct 8

Hello dear memoQ users!

I'm trying to import a bilingual xml file in memoQ (7.8.175) using the Multilingual XML filter.

In the Import rules tab:
memoQ xml import

I've clicked on 'loc' for the 'XPath for selected row' and I get /Proj[1]/File[1]/TextItem[1]/TranslationSet[1]/base[1]/@loc

In memoQ help (https://help.memoq.com/current/en/Places/xml-import-rules.html), they say to edit the 'Content XPath' box from:
/doc[1]/entry[1]/string[1]
to:
//entry/string[@lang="de"] (where DE is the source text).

Following the same logic, I should edit my Content XPath for //TranslationSet/base/[@loc="en"]

I did the same for FR-CA: //TranslationSet/tran/[@loc="fr-CA"]

But it's not working. MemoQ tells me that I need to set-up at least one source language and one target language.

Any idea on this? The memoQ help doesn't explain how they came to the edit they suggest.

Many thanks!

Julie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import xml file in memoQ with Multilingual XML filter

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search