Thread poster: Elvira Schmid
Elvira Schmid
Elvira Schmid  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:08
English to German
Oct 21, 2020

Hi,
I got translation files from the client (xlf). When I import the files I have 2 problems.
1st - all the segments that should be already confirmed are not confirmed, even though the translation is in the target segment
2nd - I tested to confirm the existing translatins and tried to export the file back to the path, but every time a "create new project" window opens instead of exporting the file...

Why does this happen? I think it must have to do with the custome
... See more
Hi,
I got translation files from the client (xlf). When I import the files I have 2 problems.
1st - all the segments that should be already confirmed are not confirmed, even though the translation is in the target segment
2nd - I tested to confirm the existing translatins and tried to export the file back to the path, but every time a "create new project" window opens instead of exporting the file...

Why does this happen? I think it must have to do with the customer file not being prepared correctly?

Thanks for answers
Elvira
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 06:08
English to Russian
Try this Oct 21, 2020

https://ru.just-translate-it.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/XLF-files-in-MemoQ_ET.pdf

Elvira Schmid

Elvira Schmid
Elvira Schmid  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:08
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 21, 2020

Thank you Stepan, will try this.
Elvira

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ tries to create a new project at export

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »