In Memsource Web Editor, why do I get the 101 % match pre-filled in some cases only?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 9

In Memsource Web Editor, why do I get the 101 % match pre-filled in some cases only?

Now for the first time I don't need to press the shortcut Ctrl+1 or Ctrl+2 for inserting a hit from the TM because the target box in the editing windows if already pre-filled with each respective match from the TM. This saves a lot of time, because now I only need to click Ctrl+Enter (a much easier key combination to press quickly than Ctrl+1).

How come this began now, and still in some cases I only get the result 101 % match in the TM windows and the target box is empty so I need to press Ctrl+1 in these cases to insert the hit from the TM?

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
Local time: 23:40
Member (2016)
English to German
Preferences Jan 9

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

Now for the first time I don't need to press the shortcut Ctrl+1 or Ctrl+2 for inserting a hit from the TM because the target box in the editing windows if already pre-filled with each respective match from the TM. This saves a lot of time, because now I only need to click Ctrl+Enter (a much easier key combination to press quickly than Ctrl+1).

How come this began now, and still in some cases I only get the result 101 % match in the TM windows and the target box is empty so I need to press Ctrl+1 in these cases to insert the hit from the TM?

I have not seen this behavior yet, but you could take a look at the settings under Menu>Tools>Preferences on the CAT tab, these are the settings that control the pretranslation, as far as I know.

Vaclav Balacek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:40
English to Czech
+ ...
From Memsource Support Jan 10

Hi, pre-translation should definitely happen in all cases. If you experience different behaviour, please get back to us at support@memsource.com.
Thank you,
Vaclav

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search