AutoHotkey script for "Search TM/TB" KBS by hovering mouse pointer over word in src box in Memsource
Thread poster: Michael Beijer

Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:42
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Apr 16

I will occasionally be posting my Memsource-related AutoHotkey scripts here. Here is the first (tiny) one.

You can just hover your mouse pointer over a single word in the source box, and click a shortcut (F5 here, but can be changed), and Memsource will automatically trigger the "Search TM/TB" shortcut. Note that it only works with single words, as double-clicking on a single word in the Memsource Desktop editor select the word, which is a necessary part of my script.

;***************
; ! = Alt
; ^ = Control
; # = windows
; + = shift
;***************

; auto-search for terms in termbase in MemSource; executes a double click at the current mouse position

F5::
MouseClick, left
MouseClick, left
Send, ^+k ;sends: Ctrl+Shift+k
Return

;***************

Requires: https://autohotkey.com/

Michael

PS: note that in AHK code, a semicolon comments stuff out, so anything after a ; is just commentary, and won't be executed.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

AutoHotkey script for "Search TM/TB" KBS by hovering mouse pointer over word in src box in Memsource

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search