Match count after Word failure / Trados import/export
Thread poster: xxxVeronikaSti
xxxVeronikaSti
Local time: 20:08
English to German
+ ...
Feb 2, 2010

The situation: I was translating with MetaTexis and hadn't saved the file for 30 minutes or something. Then Word crashed (as it often does when you reach the end of long documents and the segment search starts from the beginning) My translations were saved in the TM (luckily), but now they all appear as 100% matches. I deliver unclean MTX-Files to "my" agency... will they see that it was me who did the translations, or will they get the impression those segments were in the TM before and I just checked them? For now I can't but inform them, but I'd like to know for the future =)

Another thing:
How well does import and export of Trados files work? If an outsourcer or agency demands Trados, can I import the files and translate them in Metatexis & do a re-export without the client noticing? (or: without them having disadvantages or difficulties) I heard some translators are doing this, but so far I didn't take any Trados-jobs since I don't know whether it really works...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Match count after Word failure / Trados import/export

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search