Problem with Metatexis
Thread poster: nikunis
nikunis
nikunis
Russian Federation
Dec 4, 2013

Dear all,

I am working on a translation using metataxis in MS word, have been on it for 2 days now. All of a sudden some stupid function turns on and next to my translated text, the base text appears (all in red brackets).
I spent half a day trying to figure out how to get it back, but no use! I tried reading the help file - found nothing, I wrote to tech support no reply as yet. Searching through the functions also proved useless.

I can not submit the file in t
... See more
Dear all,

I am working on a translation using metataxis in MS word, have been on it for 2 days now. All of a sudden some stupid function turns on and next to my translated text, the base text appears (all in red brackets).
I spent half a day trying to figure out how to get it back, but no use! I tried reading the help file - found nothing, I wrote to tech support no reply as yet. Searching through the functions also proved useless.

I can not submit the file in the state it is now, can anyone advise how to reverse this please!

I have a nearing deadline which I might miss because of this.

I am running a trial version of Metatexis 3.17

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

Jacques Marchand
Jacques Marchand  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:01
Member (2013)
Dutch to French
Metatexis assistance Dec 5, 2013

I would suggest you to contact [email protected] or through the Yahoo group [email protected] and submit your question. They are serious en give a excellent assistance for any question about this software (also for a trial version).

I work since february this year with it and all my problems were solved in a minimum time.

Good luck.

... See more
I would suggest you to contact [email protected] or through the Yahoo group [email protected] and submit your question. They are serious en give a excellent assistance for any question about this software (also for a trial version).

I work since february this year with it and all my problems were solved in a minimum time.

Good luck.

Jacques

[Modifié le 2013-12-05 07:41 GMT]
Collapse

Andrea Jarmuschewski
Andrea Jarmuschewski  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
French to German
+ ...
Show/hide text function Dec 5, 2013

In your MetaTexis menu, you should have a function Navigation, from where a menu opens where you can scroll to show/hide text.

Hope this helps.

Andrea

David
David
France
English to French
Creating a MT and TDB in Metatexis Mar 5, 2019

Dear all,

I have a problem regarding the creation of a TM as well as a TDB.

When i open a word document to be translated, I go to :

- File.
- Launch start assistant.
- Do you want to translate this document with the help of Metatexis ? YES
- A dialog box appears saying "Metatexis-error" "Error creating database".
- I have to click six times on "OK" with same message and then the " start assistant" appears.
- At step 3, i
... See more
Dear all,

I have a problem regarding the creation of a TM as well as a TDB.

When i open a word document to be translated, I go to :

- File.
- Launch start assistant.
- Do you want to translate this document with the help of Metatexis ? YES
- A dialog box appears saying "Metatexis-error" "Error creating database".
- I have to click six times on "OK" with same message and then the " start assistant" appears.
- At step 3, i select the TM by default which has been created "TM.mxtm" but it says "The selected file is not a
Metatexis database" " Please select Metatexis database, or create a new one".
- When I create a new one, I give a name to the new MT and it says "Error creating database".

I would appreciate any feedback on this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
David

PS :
Should I uninstall metatexis and re-install it ?
Is this problem connected to the fact that I'm using Windows 10 with parallel ?
Would using a bootcamp partition contribute to solve the problem ?

As recommended by Hermann Bruns I’m using Windows 64 as well as a 64-bit edition of Office (Microsoft Office 365) and there are no additional add-on in Word.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Metatexis

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »