Need to send an invoice to Spain - how?
Thread poster: Adrineh
Adrineh
Local time: 21:01
Spanish to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
Jun 19, 2008

Hi everyone,

I had a job from Spain.They asked for my invoice and since this is my first professional job from Europe , I don't know how should I send it to them.

It would be apreciated if somebody explained me every thing about usual norm of issueing invoices in Europe.Please tell me if I should sign it or typing my initials would be enough.

Thank you in advance,

Adrineh

[Edited at 2008-06-19 06:51]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-06-19 06:53]

Direct link Reply with quote

Olga Smolyar  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:31
German to Russian
+ ...
via e-mail Jun 19, 2008

I suggest to send via e-mail the signed and scanned version of your invoice.

xxxsavaria
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Hungary Jun 19, 2008

I can tell you how I write my invoices in Hungary.
Well,first of all,it depends.
If I do some interpretation for the customs or the police,then I write either the word FORDÍTÁS or the word TOLMÁCSOLÁS (meaning Translation and Interpretation in Hungarian,because the Hungarian tax and legal authorities and also the legal policy of Hungary ask me to do so),then I write the registration number of interpretation on the invoice(which is in Hungary 748302,at least as my employers accept it) ,followed either by the registration number of the case that must match the number mentioned on all the documents prepared during the case (if I am asked for court interpretation or if I am ordered either by police or by the customs) or a way of defining what the work I have to do,then in case of translation,you have to mention the number of pages(I am usually paid for all pages begun,not on a character basis),a kind of unit price(X €/page, Y €/hour),the number of hours you have interpreted at a given occasion/in case of translation the number of pages that you translated).Then you must mention your translators'(or interpreters') identity card number,if you have one,and the total price of your performance.

Do not forget to put your signiture on any invoice you send,because otherwise it is not valid.

I do nnot know how it works in Spain unfortunately,all I know is how it works in Hungary,Turkey,Italy,Austria and Slovenia.
And maybe that is all.
And maybe that is all.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Signed invoie? Jun 19, 2008

Hi Gábor,

Do not forget to put your signiture on any invoice you send,because otherwise it is not valid.

Obviously, I don't know the situation in Hungary, but I never sign invoices - one of the reasons being that the recipient could put "Received with thanks" in front of the signature.

Best regards,
Ralf

Maria Chudova  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Member (2008)
Spanish to Slovak
+ ...
Signed, I think Jun 19, 2008

Hi Adrineh,
I had a same problem - at last I printed my invoice, signed it, scanned back and sent by e-mail as pdf - and it was correct.
I do not know if typing your initials would be enough - I do not think so, but perhaps I am mistaken.
Have a nice day, Mar

Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
PDF by e-mail, not signed Jun 19, 2008

At least that is the way I write invoices to Spain. And up to now, they all got paid.

Cintia Pecellin  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
PDF by e-mail, no signature Jun 19, 2008

Correct, that's the way we do it. Just save it or print it as PDF and send it to your client. No signatures, no hard copies, nothing too fancy ^_^

Regards from sunny Madrid,
Cintia.

Karen Vincent-Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:31
French to English
+ ...
Invoices to Spain by e-mail or hard copy? Jun 19, 2008

I normally send invoices as an e-mail attachment, just as a word document, so not signed. However, I did have one client who insisted that I send a signed hard copy- in fact two copies, to 2 different people within the organisation- by mail. But this is the exception. Usually the client will tell you if they need a physical invoice with a signature.

Damian Harrison
Germany
German to English
Invoices in Germany Jun 19, 2008

Ralf Lemster wrote:

I never sign invoices - one of the reasons being that the recipient could put "Received with thanks" in front of the signature.
[/quote]

I thought the signature was a legal requirement in Germany? A lot of my customers demand a signed invoice.
Does anyone know the deal on this matter?

Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
Same here Jun 19, 2008

Wolfgang Jörissen wrote:

At least that is the way I write invoices to Spain. And up to now, they all got paid.

I send invoices to Spain as a PDF and I never sign them. I've only ever had one client even ask for a signed invoice, and I think that was a client in France.

[Edited at 2008-06-19 13:10]

Paul Lambert  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2006)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Why does anyone need a signed invoice? Jun 19, 2008

I would be taken a bit aback by getting a request to sign an invoice. In the past, I used to send out signed receipts after collecting payment, however today most customers tell me that it is not necessary.

Think of all the bill you get home: your rent, your electricity, your heating, your telephone bill - none of those are ever signed by anyone, are they?

Insisting on a signed invoice just does not make sense.

That said, unless otherwise requested I just send the invoice as a doc file email attachment.

Sonja Biermann  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
[By email] Jun 20, 2008

I always send my invoices in pdf format (or any other business letters by email for that matter) and replace my signature with [By email]. Some of my customers specifically ask for invoices in pdf format.

Adrineh
Local time: 21:01
Spanish to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Jun 20, 2008

hi everyone,

Thank you all for replying.I think it would be better to do according to Cintia's recommendation. If they asked me to send signed invoice then I would send it.

thank you all once more.

regards,
Adrineh

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:31
German to English
+ ...
None of mine do Jun 20, 2008

Damian Harrison wrote:

Ralf Lemster wrote:

I never sign invoices - one of the reasons being that the recipient could put "Received with thanks" in front of the signature.

I thought the signature was a legal requirement in Germany? A lot of my customers demand a signed invoice.
Does anyone know the deal on this matter? [/quote]

None of my German customers (most quite legally/financially savvy) require me to send a signed invoice, and the last time someone asked for a hard copy was a couple of years ago. Until recently I e-mailed Word files, now I just e-mail a PDF file.

xxxsavaria
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
you must sign your invoice as far as I know Jun 21, 2008

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Gábor,

Obviously, I don't know the situation in Hungary, but I never sign invoices - one of the reasons being that the recipient could put "Received with thanks" in front of the signature.

Best regards,
Ralf

Dear Ralf,

In Hungary,it is obbligatory to sign your invoices,especially if you hand them in to authorities(police,customs,prison,etc.).As far as I know,there is no option in this.You make your choice whether you want to work for them and earn money from them,or not.If you choose to earn money,then you MUST sign ALL your invoices.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need to send an invoice to Spain - how?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search