$2.04 an hour for proof-reading, a new record? (Erroneous pricing entry)
Thread poster: swisstell

swisstell
Italy
Local time: 00:21
German to English
+ ...
May 16, 2003

I could not help noticing this very new job posting to proof-read an Offering Circular in English language, at 15.00 DKK (assuming this to mean Danish Kroner) or $2.04 per the poster\'s own indication, not mine. This corresponds to about 40% of the US minimum salary - but perhaps it would be a hell of a pay on Timor or in Burma or Iraq....

Well, fortunately I do not need to consider it and if I was destitute, I could do considerably better as a door greeter at WalMarts or a burger flipper at McDonalds.

RHELLER
United States
Local time: 16:21
French to English
+ ...
less than half of what McDonald's pays May 16, 2003

shocking!
[addsig]

Lesley Clayton
France
French to English
+ ...
Job poster has added a correction... May 16, 2003

Apparently it is supposed to read \'15 euros/hr.\'

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Different attitude May 17, 2003

There are different ways of handling such a situation - guessing that Danish kroner was an entry error wasn\'t that difficult, was it?

I contacted the outsourcer and pointed out that something seemed to be wrong with their pricing.

Simple, really...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

$2.04 an hour for proof-reading, a new record? (Erroneous pricing entry)

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search