Yaniv Moshkovitz
Yaniv Moshkovitz  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 10:58
Arabic to English
+ ...
Aug 25, 2008

Hi,
I've recently done a translation for a foreign company, who has asked me to send an invoice via Paypal. When I followed the instructions on Paypal (request money>create an invoice. etc), the company received just a link and asked "Please send the invoice with paypal address and don’t send the link". I'll really appreciate it if anyone explains to me what I should do.

Thanks,

Yaniv

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Write your standard invoice Aug 25, 2008

besides your standard details write also your PayPal recipient's email address on it, print it to PDF and email to your client...

Uldis

I'll really appreciate it if anyone explains to me what I should do.
Thanks,
Yaniv

Yaniv Moshkovitz
Israel
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here's what I did Aug 26, 2008

I sent the company a BMP file of the invoice, and this was their response:
"Please send the invoice with paypal address. BMP format may cause error when we re-key the paypal account. In general, our accountant just copy and paste the account."

What I don't understand is as follows:
1.Once you create an invoice the recipient receives a link, which can take him to the complete invoice. Why did they ask me to send the invoice my self? Is this common?
2. Is my Paypal
... See more
I sent the company a BMP file of the invoice, and this was their response:
"Please send the invoice with paypal address. BMP format may cause error when we re-key the paypal account. In general, our accountant just copy and paste the account."

What I don't understand is as follows:
1.Once you create an invoice the recipient receives a link, which can take him to the complete invoice. Why did they ask me to send the invoice my self? Is this common?
2. Is my Paypal address the address I entered during my registration to the website, or does Paypal create a new address of its own?

Thanks
Collapse

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:58
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Misunderstanding? Aug 26, 2008

The way I read it, they want a regular invoice, from which they can copy the PayPal address (without having to retype it, to avoid errors). If you send your invoice as a PDF, you can also create and integrate a link to your account.

They may have a policy which prohibits the co-workers from clicking on links that are embedded in emails (for security reasons). Especially since there have been so many fraudulent PayPal emails around lately.

I highly recommend to send in
... See more
The way I read it, they want a regular invoice, from which they can copy the PayPal address (without having to retype it, to avoid errors). If you send your invoice as a PDF, you can also create and integrate a link to your account.

They may have a policy which prohibits the co-workers from clicking on links that are embedded in emails (for security reasons). Especially since there have been so many fraudulent PayPal emails around lately.

I highly recommend to send invoices on your own stationery only, you will need them for your taxes anyway.
Collapse

Yaniv Moshkovitz
Israel
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 27, 2008

You've been very helpful.

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:58
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
We forgot to answer your second question Aug 27, 2008

Your PayPal address is the email address that you are using as your user name when logging in to Paypal.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I issue an invoice via Paypal?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »