Germany
Local time: 14:43
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Samuel for the info Sep 9, 2008

I think that:

-For translators is good to know what agencies (or end clients) can do if a translator is not well aware.
-For agencies and end clients is also good to know that:
-translators can cheat them too
-translators can perfectly be aware of their tricks.

The ideal would be agencies, translators and end clients working honestly and collaborating together. This seems to be the situation for most of you and I am very pleased to hear about tha
... See more
I think that:

-For translators is good to know what agencies (or end clients) can do if a translator is not well aware.
-For agencies and end clients is also good to know that:
-translators can cheat them too
-translators can perfectly be aware of their tricks.

The ideal would be agencies, translators and end clients working honestly and collaborating together. This seems to be the situation for most of you and I am very pleased to hear about that.

In Spanish we say "hecha la ley, hecha la trampa". So it is allways sound to be aware...:-)

As for the Patent system and open source I publicly say that should be abolished but I am not the UN or the European Commission.
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Another Spanish saying Sep 9, 2008

Felipe Gútiez wrote:
The ideal would be agencies, translators and end clients working honestly and collaborating together. This seems to be the situation for most of you and I am very pleased to hear about that.
In Spanish we say "hecha la ley, hecha la trampa". So it is allways sound to be aware...:-)

In Spanish we also say "Cree el ladrón que todos son de su condición" (The thief thinks everyone else share his inclinations).

IMPORTANT: Please note that I am not calling anyone a thief here. This saying only says perception of the outside world is very influenced by your own previous experience in life, and that evil is sometimes in your own eye, and not in the deeds and thoughts of other people.

Felipe Gútiez Velasco
Felipe Gútiez Velasco
Germany
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Answer to your question Sep 10, 2008

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Felipe,
Have you the URL?

If this refers to specific outsourcers, please bear in mind that the ProZ.com forum rules prohibit discussions of specific outsourcers in the forum.

Regards,
Ralf

My question was about the "possible" URL of a website with info about "worst practices", not the one of one or several individual agencies/outsourcers. Sorry if I did not explain myself clear enough.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for precedents of improper conduct by outsourcers

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »