Regarding the paypal payment
Thread poster: Juan Chen

Juan Chen  Identity Verified
China
Member (2008)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 11, 2008

My clients frequently use their credit cards to pay me, and then I will always be asked to upgrade my ordinary paypal account.

Of course, I have a premier account. How can we avoid being imposed by paypal company of any additional handling charge under such circumstance?

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Juan Chen  Identity Verified
China
Member (2008)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Especially for a large amount Sep 11, 2008

I will be charged of hundreds of USD or other currencies by paypal company, which can be converted into thousands of my local tender.

Ivana Friis Wilson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:58
Member (2008)
English to Danish
+ ...
It's a pain, isn't it? Sep 11, 2008

I try to avoid using Paypal. Sometimes I use Moneybookers, they are cheaper. I prefer bank transfer.

Some of our colleagues here on proz accept credit cards on their site, It does cost, but not as much as Paypal. Maybe you should look into it.

Megan Yeary  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:58
English to German
+ ...
Paypal Sep 12, 2008

Paypal will always charge you regardless of whether you upgrade. However when you upgrade to premier (which was free) they charge you less.

Ellis Jongsma  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:58
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
@Ivana: why prefer bank transfer? Sep 14, 2008

Why do you prefer a bank transfer? It costs more than Paypal (my experience).

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:58
English to German
+ ...
@Ellis Sep 14, 2008

Ellis Jongsma wrote:

Why do you prefer a bank transfer? It costs more than Paypal (my experience).

Once you have been deducted US $147,00 by our fabulous and, oh, so wonderful PayPal-Mafia (3.6%), you might prefer the standard US $36 for incoming foreign payments.

roak
United States
German to English
My experience with paypal too is pretty bad Sep 16, 2008

Paypal is no longer my favourite. It used to be some years back but no more. Does anyone have a fair amount of experience with Moneybookers? I have opened an account but havent actually used it. Can someone tell me if it makes more sense to ask clients to transfer to a moneybooker's account?? As such they dont seem to have a great customer service. Once the money is there in moneybookers account, how does one get it transferred to a bank account? (Can you do it online at all??)

Thanks in advance for your help

R. Oak

Vibeke Koehler
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
moneybookers experience Sep 19, 2008

I have great experience with Moneybookers. Never had any trouble with them unlike PayPal who has frozen my account twice for no apparent reason.

It is very easy to transfer from Moneybookers to bank account. A few clicks and wait 4-5 days, and you have the money in your account.

Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
Moneybookers problems Sep 19, 2008

This was discussed very recently:

http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/115672-moneybookers_problems.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Regarding the paypal payment

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search