Thread poster: Veruska Anconitano
Veruska Anconitano  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 21:56
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 17, 2008

Hi all,
a big vendor doesn't pay me and a lot of other translators.

How can we resolve? I'm sending emal every hour with my requests, contacted a solicitor and made buzz bad marketing about this company.

BUT, How can I have my moneys?

Help me!

[Modificato alle 2008-09-17 16:05]

Direct link Reply with quote

Allesklar  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 07:26
English to German
+ ...
depends Sep 18, 2008

Check the blue board and see if they are a known bad payer and leave an entry to warn others.

Other than that, the best course of action depends on a lot of different factors.

How long is the payment overdue and what were the terms you agreed to?
What country are they in?
Have they gone bankrupt?
Have they got a valid reason not to pay you? (If your translation was into English and you made the same sort of mistakes as you did in your post, I wouldn't pay either.)

Ireland
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oh no! Sep 18, 2008

Allesklar wrote:

Check the blue board and see if they are a known bad payer and leave an entry to warn others.

Other than that, the best course of action depends on a lot of different factors.

How long is the payment overdue and what were the terms you agreed to?
What country are they in?
Have they gone bankrupt?
Have they got a valid reason not to pay you? (If your translation was into English and you made the same sort of mistakes as you did in your post, I wouldn't pay either.)

No valid reason and translation was not in english!

xxxsavaria
Hungary
Local time: 22:56
English to Hungarian
+ ...
What I would do Sep 18, 2008

Do you still have your own copy(hard or on-screen)copy of your translation?

I would get it proofread by a professional,and if he/she says that there is nothing deadly wrong with,then I would present them my proofread translation(signed by the person who actually proofread it,taking every liability and responsibility) and turn the case to the court...or onto a legal ground...

Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:56
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Why proofreading? Sep 18, 2008

Sorry, but...

Veruska never said that the company rejected her job, she just told us that the outsourcer (a big company) did not pay her job and that other translators are in the same situation.

Why supposing she delivered a bad translation?

I can understand your feeling Veruska, for what is worth I suggest to leave a BB entry (sometimes it works) and then you can contact a lawier and ask for advice.

Good luck!

Ireland
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Sep 18, 2008

Angio wrote:

Sorry, but...

Veruska never said that the company rejected her job, she just told us that the outsourcer (a big company) did not pay her job and that other translators are in the same situation.

Why supposing she delivered a bad translation?

I can understand your feeling Veruska, for what is worth I suggest to leave a BB entry (sometimes it works) and then you can contact a lawier and ask for advice.

Good luck!

Angio, you undersood.

I'll do this.

Thanks everyone

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Vendor doesnt' pay

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search