New international payment facility: Moneybookers
Thread poster: Rossana Triaca

Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 08:34
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
Jun 6, 2003

I started using Moneybookers recently with excellent results. It´s like paypal but absolutely great for international users.

Let´s say you want to receive payment for a project: your client uploads money from a bank account (no charge), e-gold (no charge), or a credit card (3% charge) and can then transfer the money to your Moneybooker account. To withdraw your money to any bank account the fee is just EUR 1,80!! (or a cheque with a EUR 3,50 charge).

By far the cheapest fees I´ve seen. And in some countries fees are even cheaper (let´s say, to fund your account with a cheque in France or Germany it´s just EUR 0,50 - or free in the UK).

There is a short verification process (you have to send them by email/fax an ID with a photo, and so on), but after that it´s really fast... and all in all, we are talking about EUR 1,80 international bank transfer fees.

Cheers,
Rossana
p.s. They have a referral scheme but I have *not* included my referral number on the link since I have no hidden interest in sharing the site; if someone starts using it and feels generous I'll be more than welcome to tell you my ID number. Just email me

Direct link Reply with quote

writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Moneybookers on ProZ profile page Jun 7, 2003

I have also seen Moneybookers and am seriously considering signing up. I note that you do not list them on your ProZ profile page. Is that your own choice or aren't we allowed to display Moneybookers on ProZ?

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:34
English to German
+ ...
Not part of the payment options Jun 8, 2003

I note that you do not list them on your ProZ profile page. Is that your own choice or aren't we allowed to display Moneybookers on ProZ?

There simply isn't an option for that (yet?), whereas you can enter the email address used for a PayPal account in the "Personal data" section of your profile.

I haven't seen any requests to add that to the profile - would you consider it advantageous?

Best regards, Ralf

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 12:34
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Logo on profile Jun 8, 2003

Hi,

I don't know whether it would work with Moneybookers.. normally "on member's request" all details necessary for the payment are sent to the payer (free service for members).

Having Moneybookers logo displayed on the profile page would be good IMHO, better than adding manually a note on the profile.

Giuliana

Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 08:34
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
A link could be useful... Jun 8, 2003

I haven't seen any requests to add that to the profile - would you consider it advantageous?

I didn´t bother to put up a link in my profile page since I keep it at a minimun and redirect it to my site (where I did include a link).

However, I think it´s a good idea to include Moneybookers in the profile page as an accepted payment method as one would list Paypal or any such facility (the more payment options available the better).

Cheers,
Rossana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New international payment facility: Moneybookers

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search