What should i do, if the client didnt pay me ?
Thread poster: Da Best
Da Best
Hong Kong
Local time: 21:40
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 23, 2009

Guys, i have a client who "lost" contact after i submitted my work and invoice. and now, even i send more than 10 emails to the client , but i still didnt hear any single word from him. What shall i do? any suggestion? Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Vladimir Gurinenko
Local time: 16:40
Russian to English
+ ...
Have them pay upfront Jan 23, 2009

Here in Russia, it's a common practice to have customers pay upfront the whole amount or at least 50% of the contract. This could look weird in the America of the 80s, when the majority of customers were honest and trustworthy. However, these days even at some gas stations in the U.S. you can be asked to pay upfront before they give you any gas. Is there any better way to protect oneself from possible fraud?

Ivana Zuppa-Baksa
Croatia
Local time: 15:40
German to Croatian
+ ...
Do you have his address and VAT Nr.? Jan 23, 2009

Do you have your client's address and phone number? Any other data? It depends from the country, you can find a debt collecting agency and try to get your money. Of course, only in case if you have all his/her data.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 20:40
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Blue Board Jan 24, 2009

For Prozians, I recommend using our Blue Board.
I cannot remind of a better method but only realize that Internet bas translation service is very risky to the translators.

Soonthon L.

Da Best
Hong Kong
Local time: 21:40
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes, i have the company address. Jan 24, 2009

Ivana Zuppa-Baksa wrote:

Do you have your client's address and phone number? Any other data? It depends from the country, you can find a debt collecting agency and try to get your money. Of course, only in case if you have all his/her data.

Thanks! besides company address, i also have the company website, do u think it also helps?

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:40
English to German
+ ...
I am not a guy but... Jan 24, 2009

Have you tried calling your client on the phone or sending the invoice via certified mail?

KSL Berlin  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:40
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Typical Jan 24, 2009

Nicole Schnell wrote:
I am not a guy but...
Have you tried calling your client on the phone or sending the invoice via certified mail?

Leave it to a woman to make a practical suggestion that might work. And I was about to suggest various alternatives from the Godfather movies.....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What should i do, if the client didnt pay me ?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search