Which U.S. Bank has the lowest wire transfer charges/charges for accepting int'l/foreign checks?
Thread poster: Nina Engberg
Nina Engberg
Nina Engberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:55
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 16, 2003

Does anyone know who's the cheapest for receiving wire transfers and international and/or foreign checks? I am currently using Wells Fargo, but I'm not happy with them.

Thanks in advance,

Nina

PS I'm located in Colorado

[Edited at 2003-07-16 23:20]

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:55
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Wire transfer charges Jul 18, 2003

My experience: for incoming international wire, these days all banks charge $10 - $15 to the recepient. The only way they would waive it if you have a special account, usually requiring a minimum amount kept on the account ($15,000 for example). For these types of accounts, they waive incoming wire fees.
Now, when you receive an international wire to a US bank account, that usually comes through several banks, and they can charge for handling the transfer, too. If the branch of the bank yo
... See more
My experience: for incoming international wire, these days all banks charge $10 - $15 to the recepient. The only way they would waive it if you have a special account, usually requiring a minimum amount kept on the account ($15,000 for example). For these types of accounts, they waive incoming wire fees.
Now, when you receive an international wire to a US bank account, that usually comes through several banks, and they can charge for handling the transfer, too. If the branch of the bank you have your account with does not accept international wires directly, only through its headquarters (in NY, for example), the NY HQ can also charge for the transfer (around $25 in some cases) and that is not waivable because the branch has no control over it, they can only waive their own charges.

[Edited at 2003-07-18 03:35]
Collapse

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:55
German to English
+ ...
Citibank Jul 18, 2003

I'm with Citibank, and they charge $10 per wire transfer to receive and $40 to send. Their account fees are extortionary, though.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which U.S. Bank has the lowest wire transfer charges/charges for accepting int'l/foreign checks?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »