Lionel Kempf
Lionel Kempf  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:11
English to French
+ ...
Jul 24, 2003

Hello,

just to inform all translators that Paypal,(owned by EBay)has now implemented a new regulation representing a major breach in privacy : in short, if you sign up with them (or have signed up) you basically agree that you allow them to give away all your information (including transactions) to the federal state of the USA !

to have a full picture, have a look at the
... See more
Hello,

just to inform all translators that Paypal,(owned by EBay)has now implemented a new regulation representing a major breach in privacy : in short, if you sign up with them (or have signed up) you basically agree that you allow them to give away all your information (including transactions) to the federal state of the USA !

to have a full picture, have a look at the following article : http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20030707&s=engle

Maybe it's time to change provider. (I have an account with them but luckily never used it !).
Collapse

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:41
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
The big brother is watching you! Jul 27, 2003

I have read the link. It sounds like 1984 of Orwell.
If this trend continues, I don't think that your changing the service provider is going to be of any help.

Lionel Kempf wrote:

Hello,

to have a full picture, have a look at the following article : http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20030707&s=engle

Maybe it's time to change provider. (I have an account with them but luckily never used it !).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Privacy breach in Paypal !!!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »