Thread poster: Alexandre Chetrite
Alexandre Chetrite
Alexandre Chetrite
France
Local time: 03:47
English to French
Feb 28, 2009

Hi,

What should be the best pricing strategy for Graphics and Diagrams in translations?
Sometimes it takes a lot of time to edit , reproduce and translate non textual images/graphics/diagrams.
Should I charge a rate per hour (how much in average on the market?), a single price overall, or another criteria?

Good day.

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:47
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Hourly rate Feb 28, 2009

I normally charge for graphics and similar work by the hour. I think that is fairly usual. However, no-one can tell you what your hourly rate is. You must have some idea about how much you aim to earn per hour before you can even decide upon a word rate. In other words, before you do any work at all, you need to know how much you want to - or have to - earn per year, per month, per week, per day. There are 8 working hours in a day. You can allocate at least two of them for unpaid work, such as t... See more
I normally charge for graphics and similar work by the hour. I think that is fairly usual. However, no-one can tell you what your hourly rate is. You must have some idea about how much you aim to earn per hour before you can even decide upon a word rate. In other words, before you do any work at all, you need to know how much you want to - or have to - earn per year, per month, per week, per day. There are 8 working hours in a day. You can allocate at least two of them for unpaid work, such as termbase management, book-keeping, administration and so on. You have to earn a day's wages in 6 hours. You have to know how many words you can translate per hour, how many words you can proofread per hour, how many graphics you can do in an hour. Then you know how much to charge.

Astrid
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Price policy for Graphics and Diagrams

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »