Ana Naglić
Ana Naglić  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 18:25
Member (2005)
English to Croatian
+ ...
May 19, 2009

They owe me certain amount of money. They kept promising to pay - now they set the final deadline for tomorrow. I sent them a freidly reminder tonight (after a couple of broken promisses) from my usual account - and the mail was returned. Reason? "recipient does not have an account."
Then I sent them the same message from another account - and it was sent successfully (no return).
I'm very suspicious about that.
They paid the first invoice more or less on time (2 days late), t
... See more
They owe me certain amount of money. They kept promising to pay - now they set the final deadline for tomorrow. I sent them a freidly reminder tonight (after a couple of broken promisses) from my usual account - and the mail was returned. Reason? "recipient does not have an account."
Then I sent them the same message from another account - and it was sent successfully (no return).
I'm very suspicious about that.
They paid the first invoice more or less on time (2 days late), then kept me waiting for 5 months, with excuses. I was very patient, but now this made me sooo angry.
They BB says: 3 5s.
What to do?
Collapse

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:25
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Call them on the phone May 19, 2009

The fact that you did not get an unsuccessful return message does not mean the mail was sent successfully. The second account you used may be routed in a different way and depending on the settings of the servers the message is passing through, you may get the error message several days later (one of the servers may still be trying to resend it periodically until a preset timeout days
... See more

The fact that you did not get an unsuccessful return message does not mean the mail was sent successfully. The second account you used may be routed in a different way and depending on the settings of the servers the message is passing through, you may get the error message several days later (one of the servers may still be trying to resend it periodically until a preset timeout days later), or you may not get it at all.

If you don't have the money tomorrow, call them - if they have a phone number...
Katalin
Collapse

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 10:25
Dutch to English
+ ...
check May 19, 2009

Did you check with the people who put the three fives on the BB? Have they had any bad experience since then?

Ana Naglić
Croatia
Member (2005)
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
- May 19, 2009

Katalin Horvath McClure wrote:

The second account you used may be routed in a different way and depending on the settings of the servers the message is passing through, you may get the error message several days later (one of the servers may still be trying to resend it periodically until a preset timeout days later), or you may not get it at all.

No, this is my oldest business account - I always get the report immediately.

inmb
inmb  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
use regular post May 19, 2009

Send them return receipt registered letter by regular post. Also, it may help if the reminder is sent by e-mail from another account, on your behalf, preferably by lawyer.

Ana Naglić
Croatia
Member (2005)
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No - good idea May 19, 2009

Tina Vonhof wrote:

Did you check with the people who put the three fives on the BB? Have they had any bad experience since then?

No, I haven't, but good idea - thank you. And I will call them tomorrow if they don't reply (the money should be on my account in two days).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What to do when their mail rejects messages from your account

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »