rates in Italy
Thread poster: Anja Graefe

Anja Graefe  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:09
English to German
+ ...
Jul 24, 2009

Hi everybody,

I am really a subtitle translator but was asked to translate a tourist guide into my language.
Around 90 pages, no specialized text, rather general translation.

Could anybody help me out what the rates currently are for this kind of translation and how it is usually being charged. By word, line etc.

Direct link Reply with quote

Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:09
Italian to English
Tariffario Jul 26, 2009

Hi Anja
Have a look at this:
The traditional unit in Italy is the "cartella" - usually 1500 keystrokes including spaces (some subject areas use different definitions) but charging by the source word is more common internationally and all my Italian agency clients accept that.
Good luck.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

rates in Italy

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »

• All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search