Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:27
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Aug 3, 2009

Dear Colleagues,

Together with Karl Foehner and Russell Jones, I have been granted the pleasure of moderating this forum, in which I have for a long time been a regular participant, for the year ahead.

The new 2009-2010 class of moderators has been well prepared for the task by the untiring efforts of Jared Tabor over the past month, but no doubt for a long time prior to that, since we were provided with very comprehensive training materials. My thanks go to Jared for this extremely useful preparation.

Money matters are very much at the heart of a translator’s business, and it is my hope that, through continuing fruitful discussion of these financial issues, users of the forum may become better equipped to handle these matters, through the tips and advice offered by colleagues. The atmosphere of this forum has always been helpful and friendly, and I very much hope that it will continue in this way.

Should you wish to contact me in connection with this forum, for any reason at all, please make use of the link at the foot of the page – or you can also contact me via my profile page (for which you will need to be logged in).

I look forward to seeing you in the forum, and wish you all a prosperous year ahead.

Your new co-moderator
Astrid

Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:27
Italian to English
Co-Moderator Introduction Aug 4, 2009

Dear Colleagues,

As a new co-moderator of the Money Matters forum, I should like to associate myself with Astrid’s introduction.

I have always been an avid reader of this forum and fairly regular contributor and look forward to serving for one year as a co-moderator.

I hope I can assist site users in getting the most out of participation in the forum and maintaining the positive, constructive atmosphere of the site, in what promises to be a challenging year on the financial front.

Do feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns, via the link on this page or by e-mail or Skype through my profile page.

Your new co-moderator
Russell

foehnerk  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:27
German to English
Moderator Introduction Aug 4, 2009

Hello everyone,

My name is Karl Foehner and I have the privilege of being a moderator in this forum for the next 12 months, along with Astrid and Russell. I am on the other side of the pond, on Toronto time.

My role is to help new users and ensure that everyone is aware of and complies with the site rules. I look forward to helping out over the next year. Please feel free to contact me via the relevant links.

Your new co-moderator,

Karl Foehner

[Edited at 2009-08-04 17:53 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New 2009-2010 moderator team for this forum

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search