Surveys or statistics about the profits of localization?
Thread poster: Andreas Nieckele

Andreas Nieckele  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:16
English to Portuguese
Sep 4, 2009

Hello everyone,

I want to assemble some sort of presentation to prospective clients, something like "Hey, look how much money these companies made by localizing their products, don't you want to do the same?"

Does anyone know where (or if) I can find statistics and surveys about the profits of localization? Anything that I can build upon. I'm specifically targeting the software, Internet and gaming businesses.

Thanks!

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:16
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
Facts are more convincing than figures Sep 4, 2009

Microsoft is one of the most successful companies in the world. They may have some statistics on how much money they make due to localization, but the very fact that they keep localizing their products into many languages and continue leading the market speaks for itself. Likewise Adobe, Corel, Google, Yahoo, and most other major companies. If most successful companies do it, it certainly means that part of their success depends on it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Surveys or statistics about the profits of localization?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search