Surveys or statistics about the profits of localization?
Thread poster: Andreas Nieckele

Andreas Nieckele  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:36
English to Portuguese
Sep 4, 2009

Hello everyone,

I want to assemble some sort of presentation to prospective clients, something like "Hey, look how much money these companies made by localizing their products, don't you want to do the same?"

Does anyone know where (or if) I can find statistics and surveys about the profits of localization? Anything that I can build upon. I'm specifically targeting the software, Internet and gaming businesses.

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:36
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
Facts are more convincing than figures Sep 4, 2009

Microsoft is one of the most successful companies in the world. They may have some statistics on how much money they make due to localization, but the very fact that they keep localizing their products into many languages and continue leading the market speaks for itself. Likewise Adobe, Corel, Google, Yahoo, and most other major companies. If most successful companies do it, it certainly means that part of their success depends on it.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Surveys or statistics about the profits of localization?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search