Silvina Gospodinova  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:03
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Oct 6, 2009

Hi,

I am interested in purchasing Trados 9.Unfortunately I have missed a very good September deal from the official Trados site - only £400.00 for both Trados 7 and 9.
What do you think of all these websites where they offer you downloading the software for only $100.00?
Me personally, I believe that this is a scam as I am aware of the licence issues but still I wanted to double check if someone has downloaded Trados and is still successfully using it.

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:03
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
There are sometimes TGB offers Oct 6, 2009

Hi Silvina,

You could wait for the next ProZ.com TGB offer, and put your name down for it.

If you click on the menu "Tools" and then "SDL Trados" at the moment, there is mention of a 15% discount for ProZ.com members. That sounds pretty good to me.

Astrid

Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:03
English to French
I wouldn't buy outside official channels Oct 6, 2009

First, you earn a living with this kind of software, so it is only fair that you buy genuine editions, be it Windows, Office, InDesign, autoCAD or Trados, when they are useful to your business.

Second, you may well end up with $100 less in your wallet and an ineffective download. There is probably no warranty or support attached.

And if it is a cracked copy, it is still very expensive. I can get a whole lot of mostly functional multigrand CAD/DTP software for €1-2 apiece, but as a professional, I have only real software and I donate to freeware developers whose programs I use as a translator.

Have a good evening,
Philippe

Silvina Gospodinova  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:03
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 6, 2009

Thank you Astrid!

I was wondering before where I could find the offers in Proz... 15% is a good discount but I will wait for a while. I spoke with someone from the UK office and they had a 25% discount last month so I hope that there will be another one soon... Afterall it's a credit crunch:))))

And Philippe you are right! Quality pays off in time.

Have a good evening!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where can I find a good deal for Trados 9

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search