Thread poster: patyjs

patyjs  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 11:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 17, 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm waiting for a bank transfer from Italy to Mexico. It's my first job for this agency and they seem reputable enough with a decent BB rating. They say payment was made on Monday October 12.

How long should it reasonably take for the funds to get to my account?

I'd be grateful for any input.

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

AlisaIWW
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
Paty: Oct 17, 2009

Did you check with your bank? Some times international bank transfers get stuck because of all kinds of technicalities and they don't always let you know on their own. When all goes well it shouldn't take more than 3 business days (my experience is US to Israel - it may be different between Italy and Mexico).

[Edited at 2009-10-17 17:03 GMT]

Mexico
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's here!!!!! Oct 17, 2009

It hadn't shown yesterday and I didn't think it would come in on Saturday...but I just checked and there it is.

Life is good!

thanks Alisa.

AlisaIWW
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
Indeed, Oct 17, 2009

life is good:-)

Ulf Samuelsson  Identity Verified
Mexico
Member (2007)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Yes, it's normal Oct 18, 2009

Normally, it takes 5 days for a payment to arrive from EU.
But, depending on the bank, it can be less.

If it ever takes more than a week, though, then you should get in touch with the sender. (The bank in Mexico cannot do anything without the details of the transfer.)

I have two clients who use a Swiss bank, and their payments arrive the same day it is sent.

Mexico
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Same day...that's great! Oct 18, 2009

thank you, Ulf. It's good to know that!

Neil Coffey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:37
French to English
+ ...
2-3 days from UK Oct 18, 2009

I couldn't possibly comment on the Italian banking system, but for what it's worth, I've done a couple of transfers UK->Mexico and they've generally gone through within a couple of days.

One issue I have had is that Mexican bank staff aren't always very clued in to knowing exactly what information you need to provide to the sending bank. For example, I've had staff telling me the wrong SWIFT code which if I hadn't spotted it would have presumably delayed the transfer-- it's worth trying to get a 2nd opinion and/or check things on the Internet.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bank transfer from Italy to Mexico...

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search