Thread poster: virginia1
virginia1  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 20:02
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 18, 2009

Hi,

I need some advice on a translation job (EN>IT) I have recently completed.
I have answered to a job ad posted on another site. It was a private posting.
I'm sure it's the same job posted recently on Proz.com under the title 'Dental manufacturing'. Even the word count is the same. The contact name was different and the job was supposed to be for a Spanish dental clinic but they don't know this person and claim they never requested a translation. I even got a PO which I signed and sent back by email. I have completed the job within the deadline (I have worked until 2 am as the job was needed by 8am the following morning). After I sent the job though I haven't heard from this person again. I've sent an email to ask if everything was fine and asked to confirm safe reception of all documentation. Nothing.

I found out that the person who posted the job on Proz.com is also the author of the source text I have translated. He obviously is the real customer (not the Spanish clinic).
I suspect that some translator on Proz.com accepted the job and then stole my translation.
I think will contact the real customer.. What do you think? I've never come across a similar situation.

Please let me have your feedback.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Vi

[Edited at 2009-10-18 14:28 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-10-19 10:25 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Job posting: Dental Manufacturing 819 words - UPDATE

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search