Gabriela Nikolova  Identity Verified
Macedonia (FYROM)
Local time: 10:10
Member (2005)
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Dec 7, 2009

Hi,

As the word "Recession" is a real night mare, especially to us, the translators, I would like to share with you the story about Audi, Recession and the Translation.

...The company has done good localization work on their global websites, adding new languages in the past two years.

...For example, the 2011 A8 model’s multimedia interface offers handwriting recognition — not only in Latin scripts — but in Chinese, Cyrillic, Korean, and Japanese.

...The message is clear — language services are a critical part of any company’s growth strategy. And when times are bad, the companies that have laid the linguistic foundation are the ones that benefit from the international diversification that enables them to survive — or in Audi’s case, to drive — through some of the toughest economic storms.

You can read the full article at the following link: http://www.globalwatchtower.com/2009/12/03/audi/#more-707

Enjoy!
Gabriela

Direct link Reply with quote

Hana Lee  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:10
Member (2009)
Korean to English
+ ...
Yes, language is power. Dec 7, 2009

Thanks for sharing the article on proz.com. When I first read the title of your posting, I thought something opposite, i.e. decreased translation jobs due to the economic downturn, which was my wrong guess.

Yes, I believe that language is a good tool to reach potential customers in business, as well.

However, I wonder many of translators/interpreters have been experiencing less jobs due to the bad economy.

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The benefits of localisation during the global economic downturn

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search