Debt collection in India
Thread poster: Mari Hegstad Rowland

Mari Hegstad Rowland
Norway
Local time: 21:27
Norwegian (Bokmal) to English
+ ...
Jan 14, 2010

I have unfortunately, as so many others, encountered an agency that seem unwilling to pay me for my services. They owe me a substantial amount of money, and the payment deadline was exceeded over 120 days ago.

Can anyone give me some advise about debt collection in India? Is there any way I would be able to file a claim against the company? If so, how would I proceed?

All help and advise is highly appreciated!

Best,
Mari H. Rowland

satish krishna itikela  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 00:57
Member (2011)
English to Telugu
+ ...
Sorry to hear this. Jan 14, 2010

Dear Mari H. Rowland,

I am very sorry to hear this from you as other fellow translators. Send warning mails to them that you will make their name come in the black list of all the translation sites if they are afraid about this they will surely pay but some what lately and one more thing check the agency ratings in the proz site and if the agency name is present enter your comments and ask the proz site and other translation sites to black list them and if needed provide the proofs of non payment.

There may be debt collection agencies in India for this but i don't know how they work, you just search about this in google and be careful about selecting the perfect one by consulting some of your know colleagues. Being an Indian freelancer i too lost a little money from our Indian agencies and from that time i decided not to work for the agencies which have bad reputation for payment may be Indian or non-Indian.

I hope you will get your money paid soon!

Best of luck.

Kind regards,
Satish.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Debt collection in India

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search