Translation assignment with on-site implementation
Thread poster: SuliGarde

SuliGarde
Local time: 09:16
English to Chinese
Feb 18, 2010

I've been asked to give a quote for a DVD production. The job contains 2 parts. 1. Translation of around 6300 words (DVD subtitles). 2. on-site implementation of the subtitles. This job takes place in Toronto, Canada. Dateline is 2 weeks.

For part 1, the going rate is 20c/source words (feel free to correct). My question is about part 2, how much is the standard rate. "on-site implementation" is vague, my guess is: if it's voice-over, $35/hr with minimum 2hrs charge?

Direct link Reply with quote

Alex Eames
Local time: 14:16
English to Polish
+ ...
Don't forget your travel time and costs Feb 18, 2010

I can't give you specific numerical values here as I've never worked in that field or location. But what I wanted to suggest is that you negotiate something for your travel time and/or costs too. On one occasion I was involved in an on-site job, the commute took nearly as long as the job. You need to bear these things in mind at the start of the process to avoid regrets later.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation assignment with on-site implementation

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search