Are PayPal withdrawal limits eternal?
Thread poster: Spanish-English Translator
Spanish-English Translator
Local time: 04:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 10, 2010

I have exhausted my PayPal withdrawal limits. Do these limits expire or are eternal? Best regards, AT

[Editado a las 2010-03-10 21:19 GMT]

sokolniki
sokolniki  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:41
English to Russian
+ ...
What does PayPal say.. Mar 10, 2010

.. in this regard?

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:41
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
you need to verify your account Mar 10, 2010

That will solve the problem

Cheers
S

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I cannot verify my PayPal account Mar 11, 2010

As I live in Argentina and I have not an account in Europe or the States I cannot verify my PayPal account. PayPal replied me sth ambigous. Thanks and regards, AT

Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 03:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
Account verification Mar 11, 2010

You don't need to have a USA / Europe bank account in order to verify your Paypal account. I used my credit card number (my credit card is linked to a Chilean bank account) to verfy mine and lift the withdrawal limit.

Go to "Help" and type "Verify account" to find the instructions.

Greetings!

Neil Coffey
Neil Coffey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:41
French to English
+ ...
Not a perfect process Mar 11, 2010

Just to warn people -- don't leave Paypal's "verification" processes to the last minute, because they're far from perfect.

In two cases I know, mine and my partner's, in one case, at credit card verification, the site said that they were unable to charge the card, yet the card got charged (with a corresponding call to use from the credit card's fraud department...), and in the other, it took several *weeks* for a letter to arrive from Paypal with a verification code needed to unlock
... See more
Just to warn people -- don't leave Paypal's "verification" processes to the last minute, because they're far from perfect.

In two cases I know, mine and my partner's, in one case, at credit card verification, the site said that they were unable to charge the card, yet the card got charged (with a corresponding call to use from the credit card's fraud department...), and in the other, it took several *weeks* for a letter to arrive from Paypal with a verification code needed to unlock the account. (In the EU at least, there seems to be some silly extra verification process you have to go through after you've transferred so much money with your account-- and Paypal effectively freeze your account while this is going on-- don't know if this applies outside of Europe.)
Collapse

Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
English to Spanish
+ ...
wow! Mar 11, 2010

Thanks for that info, Neil. It seems that I was lucky, since I didn't have any problems, but it's always a good thing to be forewarned.

Greetings!

Laureana Pavon
Laureana Pavon  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...

Post-verification limits Mar 11, 2010

Limits apply even if you do verify your account, at least for us in Uruguay.
However, post-verification limits are higher.
Or does someone know of a way to eliminate these limits for South America?
Thanks
Laureana

[Edited at 2010-03-11 16:42 GMT]

traductorchile
traductorchile  Identity Verified
Chile
English to Spanish
+ ...
PayPal Verification procedures Apr 10, 2010

PayPal rules say they can perform an alternative process for the verification of accounts of people that don't have american based Credit or Debit Cards, which is my case.

Has anyone had any experience with an alternative process, how long it might take, and what it entails?

Another thing:
If I can't send money due to the limit, how long have i got to wait before i can start sending money again? Any experience out there?

[Edited at 2010-04-10 16:49 GMT]

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Response to TraductorChile Apr 10, 2010

According to my experience, once you get to the limit (USD 500) you cannot transfer any money. This limit does not expire. Regards, AT

[Editado a las 2010-04-10 15:14 GMT]

traductorchile
traductorchile  Identity Verified
Chile
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks AT Apr 10, 2010

How about withdrawing funds. The only option for us low class countries (non-US countries as a matter of fact) is receiving a cheque if we don't have a credit card.

In the Withdrawal section of PayPal (Withdrawal with a cheque) the information displayed is one's name, one's address and the amount to withdraw (with a limit of course), but there is no information of one's Bank, because one can't register one's Bank if it is not a US Bank.

Then, why is there a phrase at t
... See more
How about withdrawing funds. The only option for us low class countries (non-US countries as a matter of fact) is receiving a cheque if we don't have a credit card.

In the Withdrawal section of PayPal (Withdrawal with a cheque) the information displayed is one's name, one's address and the amount to withdraw (with a limit of course), but there is no information of one's Bank, because one can't register one's Bank if it is not a US Bank.

Then, why is there a phrase at the end of the section that says: "Los cheques enviados a bancos fuera de EE.UU. sólo se pueden depositar. Deben ingresarse en la cuenta bancaria registrada con el mismo nombre que aparece como Beneficiario del cheque. "

Has anyone received a cheque? Does it get to your home address? How does it get to your home address, snail mail, registered mail, courier? I have the feeling this isn't legal in some countries: sending cheques through the mail.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are PayPal withdrawal limits eternal?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »