Very bad Euro-GBP exchange rate
Thread poster: Tom in London

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:22
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Apr 30, 2010

I recently received a payment from Italy via Natwest.

Natwest applied a *miserable* exchange rate of 0.0846.

I know the exchange rate Euro/GBP is very bad at the moment but according to other sources, at today's rates the exchange should be not 0.0846 but more like 0.0876.

These apparently small differences are very important to me because I work on tight margins and have to compete with other translators based in Euroland, who do not have to absorb these costs.

I'm finding it difficult to access anywhere offering a comparison of the exchange rates offered by UK banks - not for tourist purposes or for transferring big sums, but for regular small transactions.

Can any of you esteemed UK-based colleagues suggest where I might find a website that compares these rates?

Are you, too, suffering from these poor exchange rates?

TIA

euro account May 4, 2010

Hello tom,

was about to ask a similar question myself regarding euro accounts. I've heard UK banks offer euro accounts for such transactions, but im looking for more information.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Very bad Euro-GBP exchange rate

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search