An outsourcer not paying for 5 months, what to do?
Thread poster: V S Rawat

V S Rawat
India
Local time: 23:26
English to Hindi
+ ...
May 7, 2010

An outsourcer wrote to me sending reference of his and my profile at Proz, and got me a work done.

Now, it has been four months and he is not making a payment. Several follow ups have been done. Mails have been sent to his direct mail id, and after sometime his mail server started bouncing my mail on "marked as spam", Mail also has been sent through his profile at Proz.

What should I do to get my payment from him, or to mark him as bad outsourcer?

Thanks.
--
V S Rawat
Indore MP INDIA

ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 20:56
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
BBB in India May 7, 2010

If there is an equivalent of US Better Business Bureau in India, you should report there and ask for their help. You should also advertise here in ProZ so that people are aware. You can ask the help of a lawyer but I presume that would be very expensive, and not worth it.

Paula González Fernández  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
BB May 7, 2010

First of all, write feedback on their BB. Sometimes they get scared by this. But, if you can, and if in the end you have to, I advice you to take legal steps. Otherwise, they will be winning, if you don't say anything.
Good luck, honestly!

LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:56
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Send a paper copy May 7, 2010

Send him a paper invoice to the mailing address on your purchase order.

If you have neither of these things, you should not have accepted the job in the first place.

V S Rawat wrote:

An outsourcer wrote to me sending reference of his and my profile at Proz, and got me a work done.

Now, it has been four months and he is not making a payment. Several follow ups have been done. Mails have been sent to his direct mail id, and after sometime his mail server started bouncing my mail on "marked as spam", Mail also has been sent through his profile at Proz.

What should I do to get my payment from him, or to mark him as bad outsourcer?

Thanks.
--
V S Rawat
Indore MP INDIA

3ADE shadab
Local time: 23:26
Hindi to English
+ ...
Provide Entry on Blue board first ! May 7, 2010

I would request to please provide your feedback on Blue Board , Atleast others should be aware about his credibility

regards
Shadab

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An outsourcer not paying for 5 months, what to do?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search