To what do the rates specified in profiles refer?
Thread poster: Dimitris Papageorgiou

Dimitris Papageorgiou  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:32
English to Greek
May 13, 2010

As you know every translator in his profile mentions his/her rate. The amount of money he charges per word.
This amount(for example: 0.07 USD/word) refers to both translation and editing/proofreading or ONLY translation.
I am (relative)new to proz.com and i am still trying to know how the system works.

Direct link Reply with quote

IreneP
Greece
Local time: 06:32
English to Greek
Not necessarily so May 13, 2010

Usually the rates are for translation work and rates for any other service is quoted separately.

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 04:32
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I do not mention my rate May 13, 2010

Every translation being individual I provide a quote for each project after assessing the level of complexity of the document to be translated, as well as a number of other factors (length of the text, format, urgency, for instance). The price includes proofreading...

Alejandro Cavalitto
SITE STAFF
Rates charged for translation May 13, 2010

Hello Dimitris,

I confirm that the rates you see in translator's profiles are most likely the rates they charge for translations. The system does not currently support rates for other services.

Now, if a translator decides to declare his/her translation and proofreading rates combined, it is possible. The system reads them as rates for translation, though. It is also possible not to declare any rates at all, if that is your preference.

We are in the process of making it possible to declare different rates for different services. Please see this related announcement.

I hope this explains. Please remember that you can submit a support request if you have any doubts about ProZ.com, or if you need assistance with anything.

Best regards,
Alejandro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

To what do the rates specified in profiles refer?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search