UK rates for translating / proofreading
Thread poster: Joanna M.

Joanna M.
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:22
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 2, 2010

I have passed the DipTrans exam this year and am currently looking for translating jobs.
Could anyone please help me with rates - I have no clue what standard rates are.
I have an application form to fill in and have been asked questions referring to:
- pricing per 1000 words / per line - translating
- pricing per 1000 words / per line / per hour - proofreading
- hourly rate
- minimum charge.
I'd be very grateful for any help on these!!!
Thank you!

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:22
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Have a look at the rate calculator Jun 2, 2010

You will find it under the Tools menu.

The best idea would be to play around with it a bit, and try out different figures, until you begin to get the picture.

Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 17:22
Member (2005)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
My Rates Jun 3, 2010

Hi Moodget,
My language pair is English to Indonesian, and my translation rates are US$0.12 per source word and US$40 per hour.

All the best

Hipyan

Inaki Alvarez
Spain
Local time: 12:22
English to Spanish
From my experience ES>EN>ES Jun 3, 2010

I, sometimes, outsource work mainly in the combination ES>EN and EN>ES. The translators' average rates vary from 0.08 EUR/word to 0.14 EUR/word. Their proofreading rates vary from 0.04 EUR/word to 0.06 EUR/word.

I do not know if this can be of any help to you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

UK rates for translating / proofreading

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search