Thread poster: SP Sharma

SP Sharma
India
Local time: 15:26
Member (2009)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jun 15, 2010

Anybody can help me to provide direct contact detail of Paypal as my cheque was issued on 8th March,2010 for USD 500 but I have not yet received the same. I have already tried all the options on www.paypal.com. If not received, what can I do?

Let me also know that how can I block this chqeue.

Regards

Shri Pal Sharma

Direct link Reply with quote

Klemi
United States
Local time: 04:56
Member (2009)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Notification Jun 15, 2010

Dear Shri Pal Shama,

Did you get the notification from PayPal letting you know that the agency sent you the check? If so, check your account and if it is not there, e-mail or call PayPal. They are very good in answering e-mails. If you have not gotten any notification from PayPal then you need to contact the agency that was supposed to issue the check and ask them if they issued the check or not and also ask them for the reference number if they already have sent the check.

Wish you the best,

Klemi

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:56
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Notification, notification Jun 16, 2010

How do you know that the check was issued? Just because your client/agency says so is not enough and does not prove anything. How long have you been working for them? Do you have a reason to blindly trust their word?

As Klemi said, if PayPal never sent you a notification that means they never received the money to transfer to your account, or received it to deposit to someone else's account.

Contact your client/agency and complain. If they issued the check they should initiate the investigation, find out and prove that it was either cashed, deposited to your account, erroneously deposited to another account, etc., etc.

At the same time, request details for yourself and let them know that you will be contacting PayPal.

I don't want to sound pessimistic but I would be getting ready to kiss the money good bye. Good luck!

[Edited at 2010-06-16 11:38 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-06-16 11:39 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-06-16 11:41 GMT]

SP Sharma
India
Member (2009)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Paypal Contact Detail Jun 16, 2010

I opted my withdrawal of USD 500 via cheque and my Account Status clearly shows that Cheque Issued by Paypal to me on 8th March,2010 which I never received. This is the case.

cmrawal  Identity Verified
India
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
India Phone No. is 022-24990700 Jun 16, 2010

PayPal's India Phone No. is 022-24990700 and you may contact them during office hours.

However, I had received the following letter from them in April 2010 which clearly mentions that as per Indian regulations, you can withdraw your earnings to your bank account only.

"In compliance with Indian regulations, if you are selling products and services to customers globally, please review the following important information:

• Any proceeds or earnings received into your PayPal account from the export of goods and services should be withdrawn to your bank account within 30 days.

• While making the withdrawal please make sure you select the purpose code that best fits your business.

• Any proceeds or earnings received into your PayPal account from the export of goods and services may only be withdrawn to your bank account in India. This received amount cannot be reused for making purchases.

• If you would like to make purchases on any website that accepts PayPal, you can continue to use any credit card issued by a bank in India.

For any questions, please reach out to our customer support teams by following the steps below:

1. Log into your PayPal account

2. Click “Contact Us” at the bottom of the page

3. Click on “Send Us” an email or “Call Us” to reach us by phone

We cannot thank you enough for your continued attention and patience.

Thank you,

PayPal"

You may check your account to find out if they have not reversed the amount of the cheque to your PayPal account.

I feel that Indian nationals are not permitted to withdraw the amount by cheque by virtue of the recent regulations of the Govt. of India.

C.M. Rawal

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paypal Contact Detail

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search