Thread poster: Joel Pina Diaz

Joel Pina Diaz  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 04:47
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 19, 2010

According with several colleagues, mostly from Latin America, PayPal difficulties to become verified, either with a credit card, debit or a bank account in good standing becomes almost impossible. Economic, tax and financial rules applied in countries outside United States does not suit the "relaxed” financial politics from USA. Lack of credibility from bank institutions over those countries is also a concern, even though there is a worldwide standard. I had been proposing to the ProZ base to take advantage of this situation, offering financial tools to members like a pre paid card. This tool will open the doors for several options to relief a little the heavy operative cost and will support many people from all over the world. Please add you vote and support this request.

Direct link Reply with quote

Dilshod Madolimov  Identity Verified
Uzbekistan
Local time: 12:47
English to Uzbek
+ ...
Good idea Jun 19, 2010

This is a very good idea.

Mahal
Local time: 08:47
English to German
+ ...
Yes, let's go for it! Jun 19, 2010

I definitely support this idea, thanks, Joel.

Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
No need Jun 19, 2010

No problems or difficulties to become verified with an internacional credit card from any of the LA countries as far as I know. It`s an easy and fast procedure.

Of course, you have to hold and international credit card first (VISA, MASTER, American Express, etc.), which has to be issued by a local bank.

I don`t think this proposal is viable nor necessary.

imatahan  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I have one Jun 19, 2010

I work with another translation site and I have a prepaid card that works easily. The card company is Payoneer, and it furnishes cards for the members of many companies.

It's a good idea indeed.

I had several problems about withdrawing money from paypal, because they didn't have any agreement with Brazilian banks. That's now solved. But the taxes are still high, from Paypal and from my bank (this is 6 X the Paypal tax)...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

About a pre paid card

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search