Subtitling rates
Thread poster: Bench_IWS
Bench_IWS
Chinese to English
Jan 15, 2004

I was wondering if anyone would have an idea for what to charge for the following project:

Subtitling, In English, for 58 hours of Mandarin cartoons on VHS.

I'm a freelance translator working in the USA. I've heard that rates are about $5/minute. Would that be appropriate for this project?

Thanks,

Matt

Direct link Reply with quote

Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:04
French to Spanish
+ ...
Subtitling or translation for subtitling? Jan 17, 2004

Hi there.
What's the job? I guess translation for subtitling. Yes, 5 buck/minute it's good, BUT, do you know how to do it? Beware, you must be very experienced, and 50 hours are a lot of work.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitling rates

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search