Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 19:17
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Jun 30, 2010

Good evening,

I received dollars in my Paypal account. Once I accepted from Paypal to convert in Euro and then I send the money to my bank account. But now, I would like to try to send dollars in my euros account in France. Do you know what is more interesting, convert money with paypal or send dollar in my account and let the bank to convert? Does anybody in France know how much it is to convert in the bank?

Thank you very much in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote Turn social sharing on.
Like 9

Perilla Piolon  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 20:17
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
only euro Jul 1, 2010

Dear Sandrine,

Paypal will not allow you to transfer your dollars as dollars to an account in euro. The only possibilty to transfer dollars as such, is to do it towards an account in dollars. You could try and open an account with an American bank (I had the same problem and called Paypal about it).

Kind regards,
perilla

Like 14

Laurent KRAULAND  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:17
French to German
+ ...
I beg to differ Jul 1, 2010

Perilla Piolon wrote:

Dear Sandrine,

Paypal will not allow you to transfer your dollars as dollars to an account in euro. The only possibilty to transfer dollars as such, is to do it towards an account in dollars. You could try and open an account with an American bank (I had the same problem and called Paypal about it).

Kind regards,
perilla

Well, I did it and it worked (*) - maybe it depends on the receiving bank. Generally PP exchange rates are less favourable than those of most banks.

Are some 4% fees not enough?

(*) I always had the choice between "convert amount to € and transfer to your bank account" and "transfer amount to your bank account"...

[Edited at 2010-07-01 15:56 GMT]

Like 16

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:17
English to German
+ ...
I totally agree, Laurent. Jul 1, 2010

Laurent KRAULAND wrote:

Well, I did it and it worked - it depends on the receiving bank. Generally PP exchange rates are less favourable than those of most banks.

Are some 4% fees not enough?

Otherwise I couldn't receive all kinds of currencies - we have clients in 11 countries all over the world - and the payments always end up as US Dollars in my account. At PayPal exchange rates, which is a different story...

Like 11

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transfer dollars from Paypal to my account

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search