PAYPAL withdrawing money
Thread poster: xxxA-Z Trans
xxxA-Z Trans
French to English
+ ...
Jan 19, 2004

It seems from the user agreement that Italy and Switzerland are non withdrawal countries. Yet on web page a withdrawal fee is indicated for both countries. Does anyone know for sure if it is possible to withdraw to an account in Italy and /or Switzerland?

[Edited at 2004-02-10 11:05]

Direct link Reply with quote

Federica Masante  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:07
Member (2003)
Italian to English
+ ...
Same problem Jan 19, 2004

I have exactly the same problem, I have some money stuck in PayPal and I can't withdraw it! It says something about how to raise my withdrawal limit (which at the moment is 0!) by using a credit card and putting in a code-what if I don't want to put my credit card details though? Is it possible to withdraw money without using one?

[Edited at 2004-01-19 13:21]

xxxA-Z Trans
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Try to contact Paypal directly Jan 19, 2004

Hello Federica,

I contacted Paypal through their webform (help) and received a prompt reply.
I am afraid you will have to use your credit card.
" · Italian members may be granted a monthly withdrawal limit when they open an account. Members must add a credit card and complete the PayPal Expanded Use Enrollment Process to withdraw unlimited funds to a U.S. Bank Account or a Italian Bank Account"

At any rate, here is their answer:

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

You can withdraw funds to your local bank account by going through your
'Withdraw' tab. Please follow the instructions below to withdraw funds
to your local bank account:

1. Click https://www.paypal.com/WDFUNDS or copy and paste the entire link into the address bar

2. Click 'Transfer funds to your bank account'

3. If there are multiple balances on the account, choose the currency to withdraw from

4. If you have more than one bank account, use the drop down menu to choose the bank account to withdraw to

5. Enter amount to withdraw. (Click 'minimum withdrawal amount' to
see required minimum amount)

6. Click 'Continue'

7. Review the confirmation page and click 'Submit'

Please note:

· You can only withdraw from one currency balance at a time. If you would like to withdraw the total amount of funds in your account,you can transfer all funds to one balance

· Do not enter any currency symbols or letters in the amount box

Members with an Italian home address added to their PayPal Account may use an Italian Bank Account for PayPal withdrawals. The following rules apply:

· Withdrawals will take 5-7 business days to post to your account
· There is a minimum withdrawal amount for withdrawals to Non-U.S.bank accounts. To see the minimum amount in all available currencies,click the 'minimum withdrawal amount' link on the 'Withdraw Funds by
Electronic Transfer' page
· A fee of 1.00 EUR (Euros) will be assessed for each withdrawal
to an Italian Bank Account
· PayPal will charge EUR 6.00 (Euros) for returned transfers
· Italian members may be granted a monthly withdrawal limit when
they open an account. Members must add a credit card and complete the PayPal Expanded Use Enrollment Process to withdraw unlimited funds to a U.S. Bank Account or a Italian Bank Account
· Italian bank accounts have to be denominated in Euros for the transfer to be successful
· Italian Bank Accounts cannot be used to send Instant Transfer or eCheck payments
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

I had a couple more questions:

The exchange rate will be calculated anytime funds are converted from
one currency to another. The rate PayPal presents includes a small risk
factor as well as a currency conversion fee.

The rate will be figured at the time of the conversion from one
currency to another. For example:

· If funds are transferred from one balance to another in an account, the exchange rate will be calculated and presented during the conversion

· If a payment is sent in Pounds Sterling using a credit card denominated in U.S. Dollars, the exchange rate will be calculated in the Send Money flow

· If a payment is sent in Euros and the receiver accepts the payment and converts it to U.S. Dollars, the exchange rate will be
calculated before the total amount is credited to the account balance

PayPal has introduced Multiple Currencies to make the PayPal product more suitable to buyers and sellers who wish to transact in their own currencies, outside of the U.S. market.

PayPal will support transactions in multiple currencies to increase the ease of conducting global transactions. Multiple Currencies will give PayPal account holders the ability to send and receive their payments in Pounds Sterling, Euros, Japanese Yen and Canadian Dollars, as well as U.S. Dollars.

Members are now able to choose the currency or currencies in which they would like to conduct business. Sellers will continue to transact only in U.S. Dollars unless they elect to accept Euro, Pound Sterling,
Japanese Yen or Canadian Dollar payments.

Sellers who choose to receive payments in multiple currencies will have the option of maintaining separate balances for each currency in their PayPal account, or automatically converting all payments they receive into a single currency.

To learn more about Multiple Currencies, and to view a demo, click
https://www.paypal.com/multicurrency

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

[Edited at 2004-01-19 19:29]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PAYPAL withdrawing money

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search