Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
When trying to get an opinion from your colleagues, why don't you tell us your opinion?
You should try first to answer to the following questions:
1. How changing the currency from USD to CNY would improve the quality of your relationships with your clients?
2. How many clients that would probably prefer paying in CNY rather than in USD do you have?
3. What disadvantages do you have when stating you rates in USD?
4. What advantages would you have if stating them in KNY?
5. Why can't you have your rates in both currencies?
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Samuel Murray Netherlands Local time: 20:16 Member (2006) English to Afrikaans + ...
Depends on your clients
Jul 11, 2010
Should we change from USD to CNY in our translation pricing?
If most of your clients are Chinese, I'd suggest switching to CNY. If most of your clients are American or European, I'd suggest using USD. No-one can tell whether the CNY will lose or gain against the USD now that the two currencies are no longer linked, and I don't think speculation about it should affect your decision.
WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime.
Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device.
Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.
Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.