Arabic to Dari - what's the word-to-word ratio and rates?
Thread poster: Alex eLocutio

Alex eLocutio
Local time: 16:30
English to Croatian
+ ...
Jul 22, 2010

Hi everybody,

My company is trying to find a translator for Arabic to Dari, and I realized we have no idea about that particular language pair.
So my first question would be - how likely are we to find somebody qualified to translate business management training materials from Arabic to Dari? In Afghanistan?
2. What would the usual rate be? Or is it a too specific lang. combo to say "usual"? What would be the rates for English-Dari or English-Arabic or Arabic-English?
3. What is the word-to-word ratio? For example, in my case, Croatian-German is usually 1:1.25, i.e. the German translation would usually have 25-30% more words/characters, and Croatian-English usually differs by about 10%.

Thanks!
Alex

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arabic to Dari - what's the word-to-word ratio and rates?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search