Arabic to Dari - what's the word-to-word ratio and rates?
Thread poster: Alex eLocutio
Alex eLocutio
Alex eLocutio
Local time: 14:30
English to Croatian
+ ...
Jul 22, 2010

Hi everybody,

My company is trying to find a translator for Arabic to Dari, and I realized we have no idea about that particular language pair.
So my first question would be - how likely are we to find somebody qualified to translate business management training materials from Arabic to Dari? In Afghanistan?
2. What would the usual rate be? Or is it a too specific lang. combo to say "usual"? What would be the rates for English-Dari or English-Arabic or Arabic-English?... See more
Hi everybody,

My company is trying to find a translator for Arabic to Dari, and I realized we have no idea about that particular language pair.
So my first question would be - how likely are we to find somebody qualified to translate business management training materials from Arabic to Dari? In Afghanistan?
2. What would the usual rate be? Or is it a too specific lang. combo to say "usual"? What would be the rates for English-Dari or English-Arabic or Arabic-English?
3. What is the word-to-word ratio? For example, in my case, Croatian-German is usually 1:1.25, i.e. the German translation would usually have 25-30% more words/characters, and Croatian-English usually differs by about 10%.

Thanks!
Alex
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arabic to Dari - what's the word-to-word ratio and rates?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »