Collection of outstanding invoice from agency in Paris
Thread poster: Paul Stevens
Paul Stevens  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:14
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 26, 2004

I undertook a job for a British freelancer who has what appears to be a small agency in Paris. Unfortunately, I realise now that I perhaps accepted the job without undertaking sufficient checks, although at the time I could find no adverse comments about the agency anywhere through the normal sources (TCR, Blueboard...).

I have now had no response to my e-mails to the person chasing for payment and the telephone number that given to me always goes on to voicemail.

It would seem that this is going to be a bad debt situation, which is obviously very frustrating, but I was wondering whether any prozians based in Paris or France would be kind enough to volunteer to check the translator's/agency's address and phone numbers that I have, to see if they are correct and/or if this person/agency may have any other contact numbers.

This would, of course, need to be done by a private e-mail exchange (I can be contacted by e-mail through proz), as I would obviously not propose disclosing this person's/agency's name in the forum.

Failing that, does anybody know of anybody, apart from a debt collection agency, who (a) might be able to assist and (b) would not charge an extortionate fee (as the amount involved is not that large)?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:14
Czech to German
+ ...
French Ministry of Justice Mar 7, 2004

Paul Stevens wrote:
Failing that, does anybody know of anybody, apart from a debt collection agency, who (a) might be able to assist and (b) would not charge an extortionate fee (as the amount involved is not that large)?

Hi Paul,

though your posting dates back some weeks (and I hope you have settled this question in the meantime!) here's an address where you probably could get some help:

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/ARBO/14020504-FXJUS205.html

In France, it seems to be easier to make people pay their debts than in other countries...

Charlotte

PS Originally I found that tip on the website of a German translator's association but their link did not work any more so I changed it to the one above.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Collection of outstanding invoice from agency in Paris

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search